Want to start your own home based business? Here are the steps to take. It’s easier than you may think
First things first. What is it that you wish to do to make a living? Usually you would look at the things that you do now for fun and try to see if there’s a way to turn that “hobby” into a service that you can provide to others. It would be something that you can talk about for hours with passion, or something you already have work experience in and that you love to do. This can be your business.
Whether it’s Crocheting, or making Cakes, creating Spreadsheets, or writing Blogs on the internet; by doing a little research, you can find a profession which others will pay your for. Success comes from your love of doing something which you enjoy doing for hours for free. Can you imagine making money for say Gardening? You’re kidding right? But, it can and has been done.
After you find your profession, it’s only a matter of setting up shop. Here are the steps to take. Take them one by one, take your time. Before you know it, you’ll be open for business. Good Luck!
- Locate/Organize your work space
- Determine immediate and long range equipment needs
- Acquire immediate essential equipment
- Research state requirements for filing a business name (DBA: doing business as)
- Fulfill state requirements
- Create printed materials
- Business Cards
- Logo Design
- Open a business account
- Plan advertising and research costs
- Chamber of Commerce
- Listing of local associations
- Attend association meetings
- Organize a file of potential customers
- Possible publicity avenues
- Gather personal advisors
- Lawyers/accountants etc…